Drones are now common for commercial and personal use, especially for taking aerial photos and videos. But there’s a lot you should know about unmanned aircraft systems before flying one. Hence, you should check about best mini drones with camera reviews for a guide in buying. Also, read on to learn the basic yet most essential factors before using a drone today.
Don’t Fly a Drone without Reading these Important Points!
Uses of Drones
Drones or “unmanned aircraft systems” serve many uses today. Personal, industrial, commercial and even recreational among other purposes takes advantage of these mini aircrafts. But its main purpose is to access areas which man cannot easily do.
For example, it helps a company easily inspect infrastructures such as towers and roofing. It eliminates expensive use of helicopters for aerial shots in film making too. Moreover, it removes or reduce the risk of harming somebody on dangerous tasks, such as geothermal surveillance and rescue missions.
But of course, many drone hobbyists are all over the world today. Drone flying clubs and organizations even exist, wherein they promote the use of drone for personal recreation. Thing is, a person must buy the best drone to use, and follow local ordinances and regulations in flying one.
Factors to Consider in Buying a Drone
- Find one with the right size for you. However, you might compromise size if you wish to prioritize other specifications.
- Be sure you get the best battery life available. Drones today can usually fly up to 7 minutes, but units which can reach up to 20 minutes are on the market too.
- Some drones have unique features such as HD cameras, GPS, thermal sensing equipment, microphones and other add-ons. Choose a drone which can satisfy your need because more features means higher price.
- Buy a drone which is easy to use and handle. Some are for professional users, while some works well for amateurs. So, think of your skill level in buying one. However, it’s still best to try a drone first to make sure you’re comfortable using it.
- Pick a drone with high durability and comes with great safety features. For example, it should come with lights to avoid collision with other aircrafts. Some drone are made with soft exteriors to avoid damaging its vital equipment on a crash as well.
- Finally, it should have great performance while flying as well. For example, it should responds quickly to the commands you give by remote.
Safety and Regulations in Using Drones
Drones are still flying machines which are capable of varying usage. That’s why many regulations and ordinances restrict its usage. In USA, for example, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) takes charge in implementing regulations regarding drones. Users must keep drones on their line of sight, they must not fly at night, they should comply with weight limits and many other rules are imposed.
That sounds negative, but these regulations actually help in keeping everybody safe from unwanted circumstances. The weight limit, for example, reduces the risk of injury or damage when a drone crashes.
So, be sure to check with your local authorities before flying or even before buying a drone. This is to make sure of complying with the rules and avoid legal repercussions.
These are the essential notes to keep before flying a drone today. Be sure to buy the right drone, and use it according to the rules in your area.